Thursday, December 24, 2009

My 2nd Hello World Program using XML in Android

After finishing my first Hello World program in Android, I continued explore Android's Hello World web page. The page says that the Hello World program can be written with XML. So, I want to have a try.

Since I want to keep the first non-XML version of Hello World program, I have to setup another project for this XML version. Actually, I prefer to setup a new workspace in Eclipse for this. If I start everything from scratch, I have to input the application name, ... etc. It is quite a headache.After searching the net, I can duplicate an Eclipse workspace. Here is the steps :
  1. Make sure Eclipse is not running
  2. Copy the workspace directory [ ws_hello ] to a new directory [ ws_hello_xml ]
  3. Go to directory [ ws_hello_xml ]
  4. Go to sub-directory [ .metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.jdt.core ]
  5. Delete all [ *.index ] files
  6. Delete the file [ savedIndexNames.txt ]
  7. Start Eclipse and choose the [ ws_hello_xml ] workspace

Using this way, a new workspace [ ws_hello_xml ] is ready for my development of the Hello World program using XML.

Then, follow the steps as documented in Android's Hello World web page, I finished my second program in Android : the Hello World program using XML.





No comments:

Duplicate Open Current Folder in a New Window

Sometimes after I opened a folder in Win7, I would like to duplicate open the same folder again in another explorer window. Then, I can ope...